Re: [NTLK] Real World Data Collection?

From: Adam Ladds <aladds_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun May 25 2008 - 14:10:10 EDT

How complex is this Serial box? Do we have the protocol it uses
documented? If it really does just take readings from the devices and
dump them over serial that would be really easy to implement with a
microcontroller, I'd be willing to give it a shot anyway. The copy of
the eProbe software on UNNA works yes? I may well look into this!

If someone has one of these boxes for sale I might be interested in
acquiring it too, that would certainly speed up this process. If not
then if then perhaps they could do some tests on it for me?

Who would be interested in purchasing a reverse engineered box to do
this?
Would you want it to work with existing sensors?
Would you prefer to buy PCBs and programmed chips and you source
other components and put it together yourself or would you prefer to
buy a finished product?
Should I make the code Open Source? (and if so would you be willing
to help work on it?)

Mail me off list please, if there's enough interest I'll look into
the viability of doing this.

This is quite exciting!

-Adam