Re: [NTLK] PocketWeb

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 04:30:46 EDT

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 4:34 AM, Josh Burker <newt_talk@mac.com> wrote:
> Jon Glass asked about PocketWeb experiences on the Newton. I took it
> as a challenge on installed it on my eMate. Read about it on my blog:
>
> http://joshburker.blogspot.com/2008/05/pocketweb-for-newton-no-go.html

Thanks Josh! I got my wifi card the other day, and tried to download
the package with Courier, and it didn't work, and I couldn't get
NetHopper to load the page, so I gave up. Thanks for doing this! Now
we know. Bummer...

However, I do have a question re: Nethopper. It seems that almost all
the pages I try to load give me an encoding error re: UTF-8. I have
the extension installed for this, but it doesn't seem to work. Do you
get this error, too? If not, what did you do to get around it? Also,
do you get other errors?

In the end, I've pretty much stuck to using Courier and just doing RSS
with it. It's a decent RSS reader as Eckhart so recently pointed out.
:-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland