[NTLK] Battery Draining When At Rest

From: Dave Bellamy <dave_bellamy_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 20:27:37 EST

Hi All

I have a couple of Newtons that I have used irregularly for the past 5
years. I have recently noticed that my MP2000 drains a fresh set of
batteries (AA - both disposable and rechargeable, and a rebuilt Newton
battery pack) in less than a week. This sounds about right but this is
when I have not used the unit at all.
In fact I recently tested this phenomenon and found that I can put in
a fresh set of batteries on the Monday, not touch the unit at all and
by Friday the batteries are completely dead. It seems to sit on its
stand and drain the batteries. It is not coming on my itself and I
don't turn it on except on the Friday to see what the battery level is.
Is this a problem others have encountered and if so what solutions
have people found?

Cheers

Dave
New Zealand