Re: [NTLK] Split 2x00 case. Blast.

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 12:33:09 EST

I wonder if these cases are becoming more susceptible to cracks as
they get older.
I saw a 2100 recently that had likely been opened for some reason and
one of the wires was routed over a component on the logic board. A
crack developed in the case with no visible damage to the wire. I
used a small bit of 5 min. epoxy on the inside of the back, carefully
working it into the crack. I got an invisible repair that is still
holding after several months of daily use.
Take care not to get epoxy or other cements with solvents on the
outside of the case as they will melt the rubberized coating.

Woody