Re: [NTLK] Split 2x00 case. Blast.

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 22:28:46 EST

I've no personal investment in either one and when in my workshop
chose either for the properties I prefer.
Super glue cures best when in a very thin film between objects being
joined or in the presence of moisture, fingers or other moist
surfaces. Gel forms and proprietary accelerators are available for
situations that don't meet the primary criteria. Thicker applications
tend to be brittle.
In the situation we are discussing I prefer epoxy because I can select
a product with a cure time that suits my needs. It is less brittle
than superglue and bonds to its self well enough to allow you to leave
a thin bandage over the crack to increase the strength. It can be
messy but doesn't instantly bond your fingers to....

Superglue is a brand name for Cyanoacrylate, but they also market a
line of two part epoxies.

Woody