Re: [NTLK] Doubts using Mail V

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 09:43:00 EDT

On Monday, October 6, 2008 at 5:37 am Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

> I was curious, are there any Newton
> mail programs that can flag spam
> accounts and servers?

Not really...

> Mail under OS X (a different beast
> I'm aware) does a good junk of
> filtering junk mail once it is
> flagged.

> Anything on the Newton
> do that?

Mail V allows unlimited filters to be created.

The trick is to use a combination of several schemes, together, as one. I have Yahoo! It provides my first level spam protection. Then I use my Mac as the archiver of all my mail accounts. It is also set in such a way as to help my Newton to receive / not receive some mail messages.

> As best I remember, the
> Newton can only do base 10
> ethernet speed

Technically, it does not matter. The max the Newton can handle data is about 30KB per sec...

Which is significantly slower than 1Mbps. Which is significantly slower than 10Mbps. Which is significantly slower than 100Mbps.
Which is significantly slower than 1000Mbps.

:-)

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM