Re: [NTLK] Apple "Getting Started Card" for newton

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 28 2008 - 15:07:18 EDT

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 2:34 PM, RedJazz <redjazz_slo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Where do you get all this stuff? I saw your Flickr collection, and I'm
> pretty jealous. Maybe you could consider doing an in-depth review of the
> Harris Supertech and all those rare Newton products you have.

Hey Matej,

I, like any other person who's been bitten by the Newton Bug as a User or
Collector search tirelessly, am blessed with a find or given such items.
This time it was an unexpected blessing from a past Newton contact who
recently emailed that they had sent me a box filled with Newton Stuff and
that it should arrive shortly at my office.

Places one could find Newton Stuff would be 1) eBay (not my choice any more
but often where some rare stuff might pop up like the FreeDock which I found
located in Germany as part of a Newton MP Auction - only with help of fellow
Newton User Frank G. did I acquire this fine specimen), 2) Local Garage
Sales (I've heard a few Newton Users report scoring a find this way),
Government Auctions, School Auctions, Estate Sales, Flea Market, Craigslist,
these are a few of the places where one might get Newton Stuff.... Oh, I
almost forgot in a dumpster (I found a complete Apple IIc with a IIc Monitor
here in the city because a LEM users posted about seeing an Apple II in a
dumpster. Of course they reported the wrong location the first time to me
and I ended going back out after they clarified the correct cross streets.
But not everyone is into dumpster diving and it's not my norm mode of
operandi ;-P

Not sure if you have really looked carefully at my Flickr photos or not but
actually there are many photos there that were provided by other Newton
Users/Collectors who have stuff that I'd be envious of ;-D But this Newton
Community we have is filled with so many generous giving people that I'd
have to say I'm embarrassed to have received so many gifts from them.... the
Flickr account is actually a gift to the Newton Community from Grant the way
I see it. I'm just the person overseeing it - Hopefully I can continue to
find more time to find more pictures of Newton Stuff to post up there.

I'd love to do some reviews but I'd prefer to leave that to the experts like
Frank for now... who's done many excellent reviews posted at his website :)
in the past.
Personally there are only a few Newton Items that I would love to have - The
SIEMENS NotePhone 2 & Schlumberger's "Watson" are on the top of my list.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung