Re: [NTLK] Fwd: [re the next NewtCon] all about Canada

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 02:00:43 EDT

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:41 AM, Abraham Limpo Martínez
<abraham@familialimpo.net> wrote:

> <snip> I feel this thread is strongly
> breaking the list ettiquette, no matter how polite we can try to put our
> words.
>
> Real Disclaimer: I have not official education in English. I have tried
> to write as polite as possible, being a sensitive topic and all that.
> Anything considered offensive may be considered an error of composition
> and the offended party may try to pursue a free beer if any time we met.

You have your right to speak, even as I and others have. I, for one,
appreciate your view, and consider it seriously. You do not need to
apologize. You brought up some valid points of criticism, and I
appreciate what you said.

BTW, in the past, this whole conversation would have been considered
quite tame! Rather heated debates used to be almost a "norm"
here--that and poutine. ;-)

I do agree with you, despite the fact that it's been quite civil, and
I appreciate what people have had to say, it would be wise to not add
any more on the list. If someone really wants to say more, you can
send your comments to me. I've already received a few, and I want to
say publicly that I've very much appreciated every email I've gotten,
and appreciate all the comments and perspectives contained in those
emails. We may not agree, but that does not mean that I do not respect
your perspectives and opinions. I truly do. I also want to say that
appreciate the respect and patience that I've been shown. You guys are
really great! Oh, and the patience on the part of those not involved
in this discussion. :-) Sorry for stealing the bandwidth.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland