Re: [NTLK] eMate vs. 2100

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2008 - 23:43:59 EDT

The ram upgrade card upgrades the eMate to approx 4Mg heap and 4Mg
storage and gives it a slight speed bump. You will see them on ebay
from time to time.
prices from $20 to $70 or so.

The acceleration hack is risky to the logic board as PCB Man once
pointed out, but even if you don't totally screw it up it is difficult
to remove the crystal without loosening the traces it is soldered to.
The contacts are under the crystal.

Woody