Re: [NTLK] Newbie - Please Frogive the Ineptitude

From: Stefan Thorsteinson <Stefan_at_TeamAircom.com>
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 09:43:52 EDT

Ryan Wrote: " If it were me, I would take it apart and check for corrosion."

Interesting point. I guess it was too early to consider putting the
desiccant packs we see in most electronics nowadays in with the Newts. There
was none in the box with the 2100. You got me thinking about my other
"backups" so I started bagging them with desiccant packs yesterday. Just in
case. As time permits I can pull them out and clean/check for corrosion.
Before using/salvaging them.

I'm sure this is probably old news to anyone here but FWIW: The packs can be
re-used if baked in the oven for a few hours. So you can use the ones from
that brand new DVD player you got for Xmas. I also have access to the better
part of a 5 gallon bucket of them if anyone is interested in a few for their
own use. They are 4 1/4" X 3" X 3/8" so two will fit in a standard envelope.
They're industrial grade so should last a long time. Assuming I don't get
5000 requests I don't have a problem paying the postage.

Stefan