Re: [NTLK] Interest in Newton 110?

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 14:15:38 EDT

That is a good point . . . in a way. Look in the mirror. Have you developed
any software for the Newton? You may not know how, but that can be remedied.
Get books, start reading. I remember the day I first sat in front of a TRS
model 1 with a book and typed
10 Print "Hello"
20 goto 10
And now, years later, I am a full time professional programmer. I have
written Windows apps, and Newton apps and many other apps for many
platforms. All of this I did by reading and trying it till I figured it out.
So how bad you want 2.x apps on your 1.x device is directly proportional to
how much effort you want to put into learning how. There are a great number
of people here that have been down that road and are willing, even eager to
help you. But till you have walked that road . . .

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

M. Horvat wrote
<snip>
You know what, if today's active Newton programmers weren't so lazy it would
be possible to do everything on 1.x that you can do on 2.x.
<snip>