[NTLK] This and that

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 17:56:03 EDT

This answers several posts in order to save some bandwidth.

> A user who'll stop using his MP120/1.3 and replace it
> with a Palm Pilot if there won't be a POP3/SMTP client
> for it before September 1, 2009.

Just added a reminder for September 1, 2009 to make sure not to miss asking you how you like the
Palm. I have a Palm IIIc that I hardly ever use these days. Just in case you do not have one yet by
that time, drop me a line ;-)

> (Heh, I'm probably the only one of my age - 13

Wow. This left me speechless for some seconds, which does not happen very often. From what you post
here I was under the impression that you are much older. This is neither sarcasm nor irony, but a
honest compliment!

> Also, MP130s are expensive, and from what I've heard, they aren't the most reliable.

Given the price / performance ratio in my opinion they are cheaper than their older brothers. Saying
they aren't the most reliable is a nice understatement. They are the most unreliable Newton model
ever built. As a matter of fact every single 130 out there will eventually die when it is least
convenient unless the preventive fixes described here

    http://www.pda-soft.de/mp130fixes.html

are made in time. Once this has been taken care of, 130s are just as reliable as all the other
models.

Frank