Re: [NTLK] [OT] StyleWriter 2200 giving up the ghost?

From: Scott Hoffman <hoffo_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Apr 25 2009 - 20:15:15 EDT

Hi Joe,
      Well the feed problem seems to have gone away - looked around
and didn't see any loose debris inside the printer. I gave it a good
shot or two of canned "air" and didn't get anything either.
      The rollers look like they're in pretty good shape but I gave
them a quick sweep with an alcohol-moistened Q-Tip just for good
measure.
      I removed the head and tried to clean it (nozzle end and ink
tank side) with alcohol - I got a little bit of ink out of it I think
was holding it up. I cleaned off the contacts on both the head and
carriage.
      Printer didn't print anything the next time even after
"priming" it a few times. I have a spare printer head and just got a
couple new ink tanks today - works like a charm!
      I'm doing an even more thorough cleaning of the other head to
see if I can get it to work as a spare - but for now, I'm at least
happy it works again.
      Thanks for your help!

      Scott