Re: [NTLK] Update to NewtChat

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 11:40:42 EDT

Doesn't suprise me as other 3rd party AIM clients (Trillion, Pidgin etc)
have changed their AIM protocols to match AOL's several times in the
past couple of years.

Newt Jabber should still work, and will work with any protocol (AOL,
ICQ, Yahoo, MSN etc) providing the Jabber/XMPP server you connect to has
the proper gateways installed. Bascially the method is you use your
destkop to set up the account on the Jabber server with the proper
passwords for each protocol/network you wish to use. Then log in to
that Jabber server and you should be all set.

-Dan