Re: [NTLK] pretec 32 meg card dies mysteriously--film at 11!

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Aug 15 2009 - 12:43:34 EDT

On 8/15/2009 10:48 AM, Lord Groundhog wrote:
> ~~~ On 2009/08/15 06:55, James Wages wrote ~~~
>
> James,
>
> I won't say "cause - effect" here, because I was under the impression that
> one should never leave any kind of card in a Newt when doing a power-drain
> reset or a "brain-wipe". For the less extreme resets, I've had the
> impression it was OK to leave cards in, but I've taken them out anyway, and
*snip*

Oh I did forget to mention the brain-wipe full reset. That would be
pushing it to leave a card in during that and I have always pulled cards
before hand. It just made sense anyway as I never wanted to erase the
card with the newton.

A reset due to power loss shouldn't be a problem. If I am wrong here by
all means correct me. From all I have heard a brain-wipe or a hardware
reset by the reset button is the type one should be careful of.

But again if you feel it is necessary to be more careful, then by all
means do so.

-Dan