Re: [NTLK] Pen computing is dead... long live the iNewt

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 14:14:30 EDT

On Aug 16, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Ryan Vetter wrote:

> I didn't want to burst Ron's bubble,
> but no, Ron, there is no magic
> transcription software like SpinVox
> claims (I sent you a separate Email
> on that).

You still haven't convinced me that it is not what it claims to be. The QuickVoice iP app is quite fast, and very accurate. As far as privacy concerns, the NewtonTalk list is a public forum and all communication through it is permanently archived, in the publically searchable Internet cloud, forever... anyhow.

> Which is why I would never use
> SpinVox.

Yes, a man's got to know his limitations.

> But what can be taken away is Ron's
> now unwavering belief in Speech-to-
> Text recognition, and how that form
> of input is groundbreaking.

Agreed... It's pretty darned breathtaking. But, pen input is not dead... That subject line was just a "If it bleeds... It leads" sort of eye catching headline... To stir up the discussion.

I'm trying to get my wireless 2100 back on-line. In the meantime, I'm having too experiment (the hard way) with replacing my Newton with an iPhone. I'm enjoying the experience and, the transition from a wireless Newton and a Windows Mobile flip phone has nearly made me all gah-gah with the advances in technology, I never knew existed.

I still see pen input and touch screens as a prominent feature of the future of computing. I also believe voice input will come of age within the next level of computing platforms. Apparently, it already has... On the iPhone.

Best regards,

Ron

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--
  |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
My name is RAParker. I own a Newton and a Mac.