Re: [NTLK] Newton Knowledge www.newtonknowledge.info

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 24 2009 - 00:31:11 EDT

On Aug 20, 2009, at 1:22 PM, M. Horvat wrote:

>> Thanks Matej, Tony Morrow, et al. for the
>> superb articles that have exceeded my expectations.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I'll be doing a cleanup of the whole site when I get home - I hate
> editing text on a laptop. (Even if it is a Mac - nothing beats my PC)
> The Newtonbook release will then follow - there was no July release
> because I was at the WWNC, and there wasn't much new content. The
> latest release, as well as older ones, is located here:
>
> http://www.thisoldmac.ca/newtonknowledge/index.php?
> title=NKW_in_Newtonbook_format
>
> By the way, who wrote the "Instant Messaging from the Newton"
> article? I like it. It would be great if all NKW users would write
> something on their user pages, so at least we would know who you
> are. (I only know of myself, Ryan, Grant, Tony, and Dave.)
>
> -Matej Horvat ("HorvatM" on the NKW - I wrote most of the articles)

I guess its time to fess up, I wrote the IM article. It was something
I wanted to document that way other people could try. It took a lot
of trial and error finding the viable option, but I believe the
results are pretty good. I still feel like its a work in progress. I
keep going back and forth on how it should be formatted and where to
include relevant information. The username and password bug needs to
be explained better that way people know what expect. On top of that,
my grammar skills aren't the best so when I go back and re-read the
article I will say to myself, "what was I thinking?" In any case, I
hope Instant Messaging article allows fellow user to interact with
their Newton in a new way. If nothing else, you can say to your
friends, "look at what it can do."

-Tony Morrow