[NTLK] Y2010 Fix

James Wages james at kiramek.com
Sat Dec 5 17:49:39 EST 2009

On 12/6/09 5:00 AM, Andy Hill <adhill at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> I and many others followed Eckhart's instructions here.
>
> http://40hz.org/Pages/Newton%20Year%202010%20Problem
>
> Follow them exactly as stated and you wont have a problem.

Never say never!

For example, if you read through that entire web page, and then if you click
on the Y2010 Diagnostic page and read through that, you still are left to
wonder what will happen if you have the original 2010 patch on your Newton.
The Diagnostic page says "Indicates whether the Newton has been patched with
a native 2010 fix."  But it does not say "Indicates and then removes."  So
people new to this may wonder specifically how they need to remove the
original patch (no doubt most every Newton user had that patch applied).
That needs to be made much more clear.

--James Wages