[NTLK] OT: Better keyboard, mouse for iMac alu midsummer 2007

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 18:38:42 EST 2009

Hello,

--- On Tue, 12/8/09, Marcus Hammerschmitt <marcus.hammerschmitt at t-online.de> wrote:

> using my current iMac keyboard
>
> http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/07/imac-slim-keyboard-1.jpg
>
> more often than before I keep feeling uncomfortable with
> it. It simply doesn't feel right to my fingertips when
> typing for a prolonged period of time. I really love the
> eMate's keys touch and feel - who's using something
> comparable with an iMac?

Can you tell us what OS you're running?

I ask because, for some time, I've been using a Griffin iMate ADB-USB adapter that allows me to use "real" keyboards with Macs (as opposed to the latest anti-ergonomic ones Apple issues).  The catch is that, last time I looked, the iMate will supposedly only work through 10.4.X.  I've recently seen someone claim to successfully use an iMate with 10.6.1, (Snow Leopard) but I can't vouch for that myself.  Perhaps someone on the list can verify compatibility with a post-Tiger Mac OS?

Anyway, with an ADB-USB adapter, you could use an Apple IIGS Keyboard, which is compact, hard-wearing, and as close as I can get to the eMate's keyboard. :)

Best,

James Fraser