[NTLK] OT: Better keyboard, mouse for iMac alu midsummer 2007

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 05:00:37 EST 2009

Hello,

--- On Tue, 12/8/09, James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Anyway, with an ADB-USB adapter, you could use an Apple
> IIGS Keyboard, which is compact, hard-wearing, and as close
> as I can get to the eMate's keyboard. :)

I forgot to include a picture:

http://news.videoboys.tv/media/2/20080507-Apple_IIgs_Keyboard_1.jpg

I mention the IIGS keyboard because it offers a much more pleasant long-haul typing experience (w/Alps keyswitches) compared to most of the throwaway keyboards offered today.  In your own case, I suspect the short key throw of your present keyboard might be what's causing the fatigue during extended use (just a guess).

The Apple Extended Keyboards (I and II) are nice, too, but they take up a lot of desktop real estate, and I don't know how much space you have to play with.  However, if you have a lot of space and/or you make frequent use of function keys, an Apple Extended might be the way to go (as an earlier poster mentioned).

Best,

James Fraser