[NTLK] WikiwikiNewt permanently dead?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Dec 14 21:04:00 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Grant Hutchinson <grant at splorp.com> wrote:

> On Dec 14, 2009, at 12:30 PM, Matthias Melcher wrote:
>
>> Oh yeah, I am aware of that one. Unfortunately it would be quite
>> hard to copy these to another Wiki. If there was a database, or a
>> way to get the wiki code instead of the http, it would be a lot
>> easier to port. Well, and lastly, the wayback archive is not
>> entirely complete, IIRC.
>
> The wiki contents and code still exist, it's just that Morgan has them
> deactivated. I would suggest that you contact him directly if you're
> interested in helping resurrect the wiki.

Oh, yes, I still have all the pieces for WikiWikiNewt awaiting
upgrading and piecing back together. Essentially, WikiWikiNewt was
getting inundated with comment spam and running on an older version of
PhpWiki which was not even remotely compatible with PHP 5. So, after
upgrading the primary web server to PHP 5 and discovering that the
version of PhpWiki didn't have an upgrade path, I was forced to set it
aside for a "later" project due to time constraints.

I have a long laundry list for UNNA, of which WikiWikiNewt is pretty
much at the top of, but I've done a poor job of pushing UNNA to the
top of my list in the last year. If anyone who is proficient at PHP &
MySQL would like to schedule some time with me to do a little pair
programming to get the WikiWikiNewt upgrade done, that'd be a great
place to start. A second set of eyes and another brain to bounce ideas
off of is very helpful, but scheduling a time would be even better.

Morgan Aldridge
---
morgant at makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/