Re: [NTLK] Newton Screen Test - Take 3

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 11:55:11 EST

There are alternate theories why & how QWERTY came to me.
Even English Dvorak has several alternate versions.
Whether Dvorak allows faster typing is _still_ subject to debate I use
it & still hunt&peck...
Other keyboard versions exist.
There are several innovative stylus-input systems that use redesigned
letter-mappings rather than "keyboards," and at least one also
includes "gestures" (dragging from one letter to another). None of
these seems to have been exciting enough to cell-phone makers to adopt
- they go phone-keypad or QWERTY.

I keep looking...