Re: [NTLK] Dear Steve Jobs... (your help is needed)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 15:31:51 EST

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I agree with Jon... personally I think this is futile, but I don't want to discourage anyone.

I'm not going to call it futile for a couple reasons. 1. If the letter
is properly worded, I suspect it just might work, specifically because
of reason 2. Jobs has undergone a lot of health issues recently. I am
sure that he is looking at his own mortality. That tends to change
people's perspectives. You combine these two reasons, together with
the rather drastic situation in which we find ourselves with the
Newton (not their problem, but maybe something that can lend a sense
of genuine urgency to the cause) ;-) and I suspect that the time may
finally be ripe for Apple to do something to help the Newton. I think
that maybe we also need to be specific as to _exactly_ what we are
needing. We don't want/need everything opened up--hwr, quickdraw, etc.
We just need something that will help us understand what we are
facing. I also suggest that we find some way to be responsible with
the information that we gain. I suppose that there is great potential
for somebody to dig out Apple secrets that still matter to Apple with
these tools? If so, we need to be able to isolate those elements or
protect them in some way. I don't know how to go about it, but
somehow...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland