Re: [NTLK] Dear Steve Jobs... (your help is needed)

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 23:06:29 EST

Well, I guess I look at it this way. Apple hasn't helped the Newton over the past several years, and there is no reason to believe they will now.

The bottom line is, we have been on our own for several years, and the Newton just gets more and more antiquated as the years continue to pass. Had this issue been an "issue" in 1999, Apple probably would have done something about it, but this product is well past its lifecycle, and Apple is under no obligation to support it.

I also don't think what we are asking is just a simple thing. Apple will have to devote resources to getting us the information we need, which may be just short of inaccessible. And if they give us this info, surely they will suspect that we will keep pressing them...

And I am also certain that we are not the first to contact them about this, and other Newton related info. I have personally sent Jobs two emails over the past year discussing tablet computers and the Newton, and how I think they should release a Tablet.

But of course I encourage contacting them, and I appreciate the efforts, but I don't expect much. If you are to send the letter, try a follow up phone call as well.

Ryan