Re: [NTLK] Newton Knowledgebase Launched

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Feb 26 2009 - 18:06:57 EST

Ok, thanks Morgan.

----- Original Message ----
From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant@makkintosshu.com>
To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 1:38:36 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton Knowledgebase Launched

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hi Eckhart:
>
> I think it would. What I would do is parse out information from wikiwikinewt to add to this new slug. I could also host it and have a link to the whole site.
>
> Let me know if you are willing. If you zip the site folder, you could send it with www.yousendit.com to physicalconstants@yahoo.ca
>
> I could then browse the site locally and grab info, and start offloading it into the new articles. Thanks Eckhart!
>
> Ryan

I've actually been still making slow progress on updating UNNA.org and
the past week or so have been updating & moving Subversion
repositories so I can make another push. December through February is
usually booked w/holidays & birthdays in my family, so progress had
been put completely on hold.

WikiWikiNewt is an old PhpWiki install which broke completely when I
upgraded my servers to PHP5. From my original discussions with the
PhpWiki devs, it'll take a little work to get the data migrated to the
current versions of PhpWiki. I'll have to restore the database due to
some major comment spam during a period there, but I'm definitely glad
to have help getting the migration to a newer PhpWiki done so I can
export it (I had originally intended to import it into the new
UNNA.org site), but you're welcome to a copy for importing into your
wiki too.

I would rather not fork the wiki, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm trying to get Subversion for UNNA updated in the next week or two
so I can make a few additions, finish fixing the BitTorrents, and
continue development of the new site and would be happy to give you an
account once the repository is updated.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com