Re: [NTLK] After some time returning to use Newton but problems connecting

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu Feb 26 2009 - 18:18:28 EST

NCX is a great app, but with more and more updates to Leopard, I have found the connection to be hit or miss. Here are some suggestions to get it working.

1. Make sure you have installed the Serial driver on your Newton for high speed serial transfer included with the NCX installer (makes life easier).

2. Have Newton plugged into USB on computer before launching NCX

3. Use Port 1 on the Keyspan (assuming we have the same, dual port Keyspan adapter), and select USA28X62P1.1 in NCX preferences for the connection option. Close preferences.

4. Open the Dock on the Newton, and connect using Serial11520

It should work. If it won't connect, quit NCX, and unplug the USB cable from your computer. Wait a few seconds, then plug it back into the USB port, and relaunch NCX and try connecting again using the Dock on the Newton, being sure to select Serial11520. Keep trying a few more times if it won't connect. If still you can't connect after trying x times, unplug the USB cable from the computer, and log out and back in, as well as restarting the Newton. Then plug back into the USB on your computer, launch NCX and try connecting again the way I have described. Let me know if this works.

Thanks.

Ryan