Re: [NTLK] Redefining the Newton

From: Borja Robles Maldonado <borjarm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 09:24:14 EST

Hi there!:
I wonder how it will be to use another portable device (call it tablet,
netbook, mobile phone or whatever) that can handle the Einstein Emulator.
I used it on a desktop mac and have to say that except for the in/out
capabilities it seems to do everything like a real Newton. And most of all
it will end with the heap troubles as it can maximize the ram to whatever.
So the thing is that if Paul Guyot can add the wifi, beaming and other ways
of connection protocols to go out with the emulator it will be the closest
approach to the old Newton. For me the only advantage in that case for the
real Newton woul be the standby/operational times, theyıre unbeattable and,
of course the software of the decive that handles the emulator that can be
useless for our purposes.
Iım wondering too if the rumors about a new apple tablet are really true and
if theyıre looking back at the Newtonıs glory features and ways of organize
things...
Happy new year
-- Borja Robles
Málaga (Spain)