Re: [NTLK] Letter from Steve Jobs

From: Joost van de Griek <gyorpb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 10:32:01 EST

On Jan 8, 2009, at 22:31, Jon Glass wrote:

> I should have refined that. The 1400cs was a real road apple. The c
> was a much better computer because it had a much faster bus. You put a
> G3 into the 1400cs, and you would notice almost no benefit, but the c
> saw a real benefit. Sorry. I should have stated which of the two....
> It's been a while.

They were the same machine, apart from the LCD. The C had an active
matrix LCD (TFT), the CS had a passive display.

No differences, otherwise. The 117 MHz version was classified a "road
apple" by Low End Mac because it lacked an L2 cache, making it slower
than its (133 and 166 Mhz) brethren. Partly because of the narrow and
slow bus.

> Plus, swappable drives, double
> batteries....

No double batteries. You could store a spare battery in the drive bay,
but it wouldn't be connected to the machine.

.tsooJ

--
Save the trees - eat a beaver.