Re: [NTLK] too Quiet on the List(Pippin)

From: Riccardo Mori <rick_at_poc.it>
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 16:25:02 EST

Jon Glass wrote:

> No, no. I'm in Krakow, Poland, with Plus GSM. My son's phone is also
> with Plus GSM. He spent the summer in the States, and had his Polish
> phone and SIM card in it. He had another phone for local calls, etc,
> but we could SMS back and forth, so long as he was on ATT's network,
> but when his phone picked up T-Mobile, it would fail.

I guess the problem is related to different agreements among the
mobile network providers. For instance, I live in Spain and when I
send SMS texts with my Italian mobile phone (SIM card by TIM (Telecom
Italia Mobile)) to mobile phones abroad, I have to use Spain's
Movistar network. If my SonyEricsson switches to other Spanish
networks (Orange ES, Vodafone ES), SMS text don't get through.

Cheers,
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days
<http://systemfolder.wordpress.com>