Re: [NTLK] too Quiet on the List(Pippin)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 06:07:58 EST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM, <Reilly001os@aol.com> wrote:
> If your son had tmobile and you had sprint that may have been the problem.

No, no. I'm in Krakow, Poland, with Plus GSM. My son's phone is also
with Plus GSM. He spent the summer in the States, and had his Polish
phone and SIM card in it. He had another phone for local calls, etc,
but we could SMS back and forth, so long as he was on ATT's network,
but when his phone picked up T-Mobile, it would fail. Since his phone
is a European phone, it had only one US band (forget which one), and
it wasn't easy to pick and choose which network he roamed on--though
he would try. So, keeping in mind that this was international SMSing,
that was our problem. I have friends in the US who are/were on
T-Mobile, and they never got my SMSs from Poland either. It seems that
T-Mobile doesn't like to pass on European SMSs, or at least Plus GSM
SMSs. :-) That's why I won't want to do T-Mobile--but that's the
_only_ reason. :-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland