Re: [NTLK] NCX & Leopard

From: Borja Robles Maldonado <borjarm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 03:36:30 EST

Išve posted this before, but may be of service.
In addition to this comments I must say that Leopard opens the ports that
are needed by default, so therešs no need to open them manually, but if you
encounter problems, write your routeršs ip on Safari (for example). It will
guide you to the config of the ports (find NAT config or SUA details). Write
the port 3679 and the range starting (192.168.1.33 is my macšs starting
range) and there you go.
For internet I use this packages available trough UNNA.org basically:
* Newton Internet Enabler
* Newton Devices
* NIE Ethernet Module
* 802.11b WaveLAN driver by Hiroshi (
http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm)
* In my case, a Lucent WaveLan Gold card (from Ebay)
Create an access point in the Internet Setup, giving your routeršs IP and
inventing an IP for the Newton (192.168.1.34 in my case).
For the wifi card i had to do a mac filtering on the router to allow the
wifišs address (this can be showed on the back of the card) because WEP key
didnšt work for me.
For an intel Mac:
I recommend NCX by Simon Bell (
http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/connection/index.html).
I connect with NCX via Wifi, so Dock TCP/IP driver (
http://www.kallisys.com/ ) by Paul Guyot needed (write your macšs ip and
port an voila!).