Re: [NTLK] converting WEP passwords to HEX

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.NET>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 22:22:00 EST

On Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 5:38 pm Douglas wrote:

> From what I understand, when you
> use Hiroshi's driver, if you must
> use WEP and must use a password,

> it must be entered in the Newton as hex.

This would be true.

> Is there a quick and dirty way to
> convert plain text into hex?

uh... google: hex ascii converter

Top picks:

<http://centricle.com/tools/ascii-hex/>
<http://www.mikezilla.com/exp0012.html>

For easy to "cut & paste" random ASCII/HEX keys, see Steve Gibson at Gibson Research:

<http://www.grc.com/passwords/>

> Better yet, a newton pkg that does this?

On the Newton? That would be a nice beginner's project for someone to "Newton Script" into existence. Anybody know how to create a "Formulas" entry? mmm...hmmm... wouldn't THAT be spiffy?!

> Goal here is to connect to my DSL's wireless hub.

Also remember, "Open" authentication on your router, in addition to WEP.

While you're at it... HIDE your SSID and enable MAC Address filtering.

Best regards...

Ron

--
Sent with Mail V and a Wireless MessagePad 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM