Re: [NTLK] the case of the yellow light

From: Doug <dougp_at_ispinn.com>
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 12:47:33 EST

The LEDs are dual color red and green, and when both sides are on at
the same time, they appear yellow-ish.

(ObArtNote: Mixing red & green light creates yellow; mixing red &
yellow paint results in a brown:
<http://mvh.sr.unh.edu/mvhinvestigations/red_green_lp.htm> I was
pleasantly surprised as a youngster when I needed to create a
light-colored flesh tone for a mural I was painting, and the art
teacher mixed red and green, then added white to it to create the
totally unexpected color I had been looking for.)

LEDs have limited life, and as our eMate units get long-in-the-tooth,
the LEDs will burn out.

Comforting when lit, yes. Reason to worry if burned out? No, not
really. I doubt the LED is part of the active charging circuit.

Doug