[NTLK] Want to sell my best = new MP 2100

From: <info_at_punkt-x.de>
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 04:30:24 EDT

Dear friends,

Andy's question about the last apearance of a
foreign Newton in public (my interpretation:-)
brings up my idea to sell my best MessagePad.

It is a model 2100 in a german edition, bought
when sold regularly. As you know the Newton-era
ended soon after.

I never used mine (OK, there were some few
opportunities I switched it on and off), but it
never left my house, never came in usage and it
was busy for about 3-5 hours AT ALL I'd say.

It's condition is NOT "mint", it is NEW.

I never could decide myself to use this or any
other Newton really. It slept very lonesome in
its original enclosure in one of my desks tray.

Months later I bought a used Newton and some
years later a second one. (All my following
run-ups were made with them!) They had the same
fate: Not really in usage.

(I know, it is terrible to tell you that. I feel like a traitor or a renegade.
But in fact, to be related to this list expresses
my wish still to become familiar with the Newton.
It might be a question of my personality, but I
didn't and I still don't. Although I really find
it a wonderful piece of technology and sympathizeŠ
Unfortunately I always found it too large or
learning its usage was to tricky... for example).

OFFER & QUESTION

Anyone here who would like to buy it?
My price is high, but it is worth every cent, as it is of museum's quality:

A piece of computer technology new like on the first day, that's rare.

My price idea are 999 Euro.

Included are a refurbished battery, all cables,
software-CD, charger, Adapter-plug and serial
cable,
a faxmodem, flashcard and an original
Newton-pocket. Of course original box, handbook
(small booklets), as far as I remember, that's
all. Even a matching bluetooth-card.

Optional for extra price a NEW german Newton keyboard.

You see, my equipment was excellent... All these parts are in new condition.

If anyone is personally interested or has a friend who is, let me know.
My question to all of you: Is the price realistic?

If nobody over here intends to buy my next place will be ebay.
But I think you should have the first option :-)

I'm looking forward to your answers with interest.
Regards

Stefan