Re: [NTLK] WiFi setup help

From: David Neale <david.neale_at_telenet.be>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 11:39:12 EDT

Hello Morgan,

Under the TCP/IP tab is listed:

Configure IPv4: Using DHCP
IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Router: 192.168.1.1
Configure IPv4: Automatically

I never use iChat or InstantMessanger, though do occasionally use
GoogleTalk and YouTube (if that's a video streaming service). I have
no problems with either GoogleTalk or YouTube (or other video sites,
such as BBC news, BRT news, Dutch news sites, etc.). My wife and I
recently watched a host of film trailers through FrontRow (connected
wirelessly to the Airport and from there to via the router) and that
all went without a hitch, with no additional setup.

I have just switched off the Airport and moved the Ethernet cable from
the Ethernet port to the Wan port. I then restarted the Airport.
Checking with Airport Admin Utility, I see no change at all in the
settings: the IP Address shown is still 10.0.1.1, as is shown on the
webpage. Internet access from the Macs seems to work fine still. The
Newton act in just the same way, however.

What I still do not know is how to map the settings of the Airport and
the router to those of the Internet Setup on the Nawton. Surely there
is some sort of mapping that states that setting A(Airport) has to be
entered into setting X(Newton)? Or am I being naïve?

David