Re: [NTLK] WiFi setup help

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 11:52:32 EDT

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:39 AM, David Neale<david.neale@telenet.be> wrote:

> I have just switched off the Airport and moved the Ethernet cable from
> the Ethernet port to the Wan port. I then restarted the Airport.
> Checking with Airport Admin Utility, I see no change at all in the
> settings: the IP Address shown is still 10.0.1.1, as is shown on the
> webpage. Internet access from the Macs seems to work fine still. The
> Newton act in just the same way, however.

That IP address you're seeing is because you have it set to share a single IP.

What does it show in AirPort Admin Utility -> Internet for the IP
address? Does that become a 192.168.1.x IP address when connected to
the WAN port instead of the Ethernet port?

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/