Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

From: Doug Denby <ddenby_at_rogers.com>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 20:54:22 EDT

On 1-Jun-09, at 5:11 PM, Andy Hill wrote:

> Doug
>
> Purely as an aside, this chronological / historical use of Notes is a
> really interesting way to use a Newton. I can see why your data is
> seriously precious to you.
>
> Also, would you mind expanding on how you store the geneological
> data in
> Names and the linking with HyperNames. I don't quite understand what
> you
> mean here but would be interested to find out more about it in case it
> could be applied to other themes.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

My Genealogical Data Process is as follows:
Create a Person Name Record for each Person in a Family with what ever
info is available
Create a Company Name Record for each family (see below)
Link each person in a family to the appropriate families using
HyperNames or Links from Action Names Package

Family Record is a Company Record with name in this format: SurName of
Husband - Surname of Wife (MarriageDate)
Affiliates are:
- Husband: First Name, Last Name
- Wife: First Name, Last Name
- Child: Prefix=BirthYear, First Name, Last Year
Links as appropriate

Family Member Records (Person Records) include a link to the parent
family and links to families created by marriage (legal or common or ??)
I also include an Affiliate field for each Spouse. This makes it
easier to figure out which links are which.

That is my system. I was too lazy to learn how to make stationary do
this.

Doug