Re: [NTLK] Overclocking or Coding or Something (was RE: OT iPhone => (Formerly: newtontalk Digest V9 #256) )

From: Phil Muller <wndrstrck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 11:36:47 EDT

I would love to talk about Newton stuff. I for one still have a lot to learn
and my thirst for Newton knowledge is very big.
I have just managed to get my 2100 talking to my current laptop, a Gateway
Core Duo (1.6 ghz) without slowdown.exe, yeah very exciting. Although I
can't get it to use the highest speed of 115200 baud. I have the extension
for that on my 2100 but it just won't establish connections higher than
38400.

 As far as development goes, I am almost ready to start into programming in
Newtscript. I was hoping to locate an actual book to work from before
attempting to learn a new language. I find it much easier for annotating and
hyper-linking ideas and concepts with something tangible opposed to pdf
files and the like. I love reading on the computer don't get me wrong, but
reading scholarly material I feel is done best with paper.

As far as the overclocking goes, well I think you should try it yourself,
that's just my opinion. I am going to underclock my 2100 in the next coming
months. Yes I said *underclock*, I want to test it at around 80 mhz, and see
what kinda of battery life I get out it of it for reading and determine if
this is fast enough to collect gps way points at this speed though the
serial port.

I however, have no desire to talk about poutine!

I am also available for contact offlist as well

Take Care

Phil