Re: [NTLK] i-Poll Results

From: David Lawrence <newtonpoetry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jun 27 2009 - 12:00:53 EDT

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Andy Hill <adhill@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the poll. Here are the
> results and some thoughts!

Your poll results are fascinating, Andy - thanks for sharing.

Just yesterday I dug my MP110 out of my tech cabinet, fired it up, and
noodled around just to get the feel for it again. I use my eMate mostly
these days, but to mess around with a handheld Newton was nice.

My experience seems to echo some others' experience - namely, following
Newton as a hobby but "moving on" to other devices while never truly
deserting the passion. It speaks highly of the gadget, and rubs in the face
of those stupid "Top 10 Apple Failures" lists that always seems to include
the MessagePad. Commercial failure, debatable, but user failure? Not at
all.

Thanks again for doing the poll!

dave

--