Re: [NTLK] Newton holsters [WAS: "Re: i-Poll - update"]

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Jun 28 2009 - 09:05:44 EDT

Hello,

--- On Sun, 6/28/09, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:

> I put my wifi card, and extra memory cards in my
> pockets--and a pen.... and business cards..... and the occasional cable.
> But you don't really want too much in them, as they really bulk up
> the whole holster.

To be honest, the Ripoffs holster looks pretty bulky to start with.
Although, to be fair, at least some of the bulk can apparently be attributed to padding, which is no bad thing when it comes to portable vintage electronic devices. :)

> They used to list the Newton. They must have stopped,
> because they figured nobody would be interested in that any more--old
> tech--makes them look out-dated, you know. ;-)

Yes, I can understand that. It's just that I can't help but observe that the Palm III was introduced a mere 5 months after the MessagePad 2100 was (Nov '97 vs. March '98).

Obviously I'm not coming at this from a purely objective point of view, (to say the least) but surely they can cut the Newton folks a bit of slack there, hey? ;)

Yeah, I know: it's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm sure they had their reasons for no longer listing the Newton, but that doesn't mean I can't stamp my feet and pout about their decision years later. :)

Best,

James Fraser