Re: [NTLK] later...

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 11:31:04 EDT

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG@aafes.com> wrote:
> Well, seriously, I haven't used my Newton (though they stay charged) for
> probably a good two or three years now.   Fun to tinker with from time
> to time though.
>
> I stay on the list because the people here are kinda neat, and the stuff
> they talk about from time to time are fun.  More Newton-like gadgets in
> the news, other tech news, the conversation is at least entertaining.
>
> Stick around and hang out, fellow Newton veteran.

I'm in the same boat. My Newton stays plugged in. Oh, and I figured
out how to get around my broken power supply. I use my Newton car
charger plugged into a 220 wall wart with a cig lighter adapter. ;-)
So, I'm able to use my Newton for currency conversions (and other
conversions. It seems nobody else has been able to make a program that
does these things as well as the Newton. Even Apple's calculator can't
do it. Go figure.) I also take the occasion note, and frequently refer
to old notes and outlines I have on it. But other than that, it sits
there, unused. :-( BUT, I keep on this list. In fact, I tried
un-subbing last year, and lasted only a few weeks. I had to sign back
up. ;-) I don't know that I'll ever quit NTLK. Last one out turn off
the backlight? ;-) Nice folks here. And besides, on the rare occasion,
I am able to help someone.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland