Re: [NTLK] Connecting 2100 via ethernet

From: David Neale <david.neale_at_telenet.be>
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 03:16:44 EDT

I do not have an Intel Mac, but two PowerPC Macs: one PowerBook G4
running Leopard and one iMac 20" Flatscreen (the old semi-sphere
model) running Tiger.

When I lived in Belgium, I set up two MP 2100s to run wirelessly with
the iMac, originally under Panther and then under Tiger. One of the
2100s acted as a web-server, the other could be used for email, some
browsing (though this was always problematic), exchanging notes, and
even recorded sounds.

A couple of years after moving to Spain and having changed the PowerPC
to Leopard, I decided to start using the 2100s again. Quite impossible
for anything wireless. I have tried all suggestions, restarted,
reloaded, cleared out, started afresh, reinstalled; you name it, I've
tried it. I think the problem is with the Airport Admin Utility (or
whatever it's called) in Leopard: somehow, this messes up the
Airport's detection of the 2100's signal (I use a Lucent Silver wifi
card in the 2100). And, no, it doesn't work if I use the Tiger Airport
software. Serial connection, no problem. Haven't tried an Ethernet
connection.

It might just be time for me to give up on the 2100s.

David