[NTLK] Fried 2100 board charging high capacity batteries

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Wed May 20 2009 - 18:13:12 EDT

> It has been substantiated. For the most part,
> a user should be ok, but I have fried a 2100
> board charging high capacity batteries before.

Provided you are using an original Newton AC adapter, it does not really matter if you charge high
capacity or low capacity cells. Note that high capacity does not mean high current. The Newton 9W AC
adapter limits the current to 1.2A, the 3.5W adapter limits it to 500mA. Charging high capacity
cells will not increase the charge current, but only the time it takes for the cells to be fully
charged.

Frank