[NTLK] Convert Mobipocket eBook to Newton eBook format ?

mkow1234 at aol.com mkow1234 at aol.com
Sun Nov 8 10:04:48 EST 2009

I found this link, but the information is  abit beyond me -- talks
about PERL, scripts, etc:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7975

Maybe one of the Newt developers can make some sense of this.
Thanks again.

Matt
Detroit, Michigan USA

Greetings Newtonfolk:

I was a big fan of the former "Avantgo" service, which allowed PDA
users (i.e. Pocket PC and Palm platforms) to download daily news
content to their home PCs and then get the content on to their PDAs
through MS ActiveSync. This was great for those folks who did not have
an expensive monthly wireless internet data plan.

I now convert daily news sites to MobiPocket eBooks -- It's pretty much
the same experience, in that I can carry a whole slew of news articles
to read OFF-LINE during the day. In a (near) perfect world, I should be
able to convert the MobiPocket eBooks into a Newtonized form. I'm NOT
asking to convert anything proprietary -- I just want to be able to
convert the free news eBooks into Newton form. How about it, all you
developers out there? Any ideas on this?

Here is a link to the Mobipocket eNews website:

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eNews/default.asp

Thanks for your consideration.

Matt

Detroit, Michigan USA