Re: [NTLK] Another Newton feature now available for the iPhone

From: Mike Rodgers <pmiker_at_copper.net>
Date: Tue Oct 06 2009 - 19:21:41 EDT

True, but NeXT borrowed from Unix. It seemed to be a nice OS at the
time, too bad it did not succeed as well as it should have. Had the OS
not been resurrected into Mac's new OS, most folks would never know
about it.

I saw a NeXT based system in use at the Miami airport. One of the
caterers used it to control the conveyor belts and delivery system.

It is ironic that the newest OS is based in part on the oldest.

Oh, I'm not anti-Mac. My first PC was an Apple IIe, complete with a
cp/m co-processor card. The first pc virus I ever saw was on an early
Mac. It came with the 3rd party hard drives out company purchased with
the Mac's.
pmiker