Re: [NTLK] My newton future... :-(

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 22:31:59 EDT

Hello,

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're a contrarian; that's good. People are half-way
> ready for you. Now become an **obstinate** contrarian! Only
> answer your phone calls and texts according to your own set of rules and
> priorities, and help the people around you to get used to that by making
> it clear what you're doing.
>
> It takes careful thought, time and persistence but it pays
> dividends.

It takes persistence, certainly. ¬ _¬

Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time simply *believing* the number of people who seem to expect a near-instantaneous reply to any query they care to shoot my way. This despite my telling them slowly and distinctly, (and well beforehand) that "it may take a day or two (and sometimes longer, depending) for me to get back to you." As well as pointing out that handcuffs are *not* part of the feature set of my computer/mobile device.
:/

I think perhaps people have become used to the idea of their computer/mobile device simply spitting out answers without taking into account the fact that those answers are (usually) supplied by another human being. A human being who may not have the time (or the necessary information) on hand to generate a prompt reply.

Best,

James Fraser