Re: [NTLK] No iNewton announced today

From: M. Horvat <redjazz_slo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Sep 12 2009 - 03:54:26 EDT

> Can I get something like the Newton's protective rubberized coating for my iPhone?
> Sure I can in the form of, say, a silicone case. But my point is that I can only get it as an aftermarket add-on.
> That is, Apple no longer sees fit to build things like this *into* their devices like they did when the Newton was made.

Good point. The iPhone, for example, doesn't have rubber feet on the back. I'm sure it would have been much easier to type on it (with two or more fingers, in landscape mode) if you could lay it on a table and not have it move. (Though my Newton's rubber feet keep falling off all the time. But I've glued them. However, after returning from the WWNC, I noticed that one of the feet from my Newton Keyboard is missing. Does anyone have a spare one?)

-Matej Horvat