Re: [NTLK] [OT] Conjure (was no inewton)

From: Chilton Webb <chilton_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Sep 12 2009 - 20:15:24 EDT

Hi L.W. !

You have a good memory! I haven't touched v2.4 in awhile, and it lacks
most of the newer features. But yes, I do still have that one, and it
works in 10.4.

The 2.x codebase is what I went back to, for Conjure 4. I do intend on
revisiting this issue soon, and making C4 backwards compatible with at
least 10.4. The CoreAnimation stuff is being neatly tucked into its
own portion of the code, and the Objective-C 2.0 additions didn't buy
me anything other than a few lines of semi-automated code that I could
have just done by hand.

Since Conjure has a fairly strong following among teachers, and many
schools are still using Tiger, I think I could justify this financially.

One of the main motivators for bringing Conjure to the point it's at
today, was to make my MacBook into more of a PIM. But I felt that the
concept of PIM was really too limited for what I thought I could
actually do with Conjure. I wanted something closer to the Newton OS,
but for the 'normal' Mac OS X desktop.

I know this is really off-topic for this list, so I'll go shut up
after this email. Write me off-list if you'd like, as I'm really not
trying to SPAM the Newton list with my gibberish.

Thanks!
-Chilton