[NTLK] IT HAS ARRIVED!

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Mon Apr 5 23:37:14 EDT 2010

On Apr 5, 2010, at 5:29 PM, G Y wrote:

>  I love my 3 Newtons but have not really been able to effectively
> anymore use them how I want to.

I'm curious - what has changed to make your Newton(s) ineffective?
I'm assuming that, at one time, they -were- effective for you?  BTW, I
feel the same way but, other than the 2010 glitch, I can't put my
finger on -why- I feel that way...

> My Macintosh Museum consists of 46 unique models (Mac and Next) my
> iPods(3), Newtons(3) are not factored in that count. No duplicates
> in any of those counts.

Very nice!  I'm also a collector - my collection is somewhere upwards
of 100 models, including Lisas & Apple ]['s (but no NeXT).  I think I
have at least one of every pre-Intel Mac except for the TAM & Mac
Portable.  I like your idea of collecting 1.0 models!

> I also do not have an iPhone so the iPad 3G will give me the mobile
> data access anywhere I crave, while my cheap crappy cell phone lets
> me talk to others.

Same here - I've never had nor wanted an iPhone.  The screen is too
small to be useful, and I prefer a phone to be just a phone.  The iPad
-may- someday replace my Sony Reader and, in certain situations, my
Macbook Pro - but I have no immediate plans to get one.

-Jim