[NTLK] (OT) Re: iPad and Notes

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Tue Apr 6 16:15:23 EDT 2010

 >Obviously I like the iPad, and I will try to answer some of the criticisms and concerns.  It comes down to what you want out of it and it's never going to be all things to all people.

I have to agree with Dan on this. I've said here that I would be sold on the iPad if it had HWR....not having that feature, however, doesn't mean that I still don't want one. I do...so far.

I've also said that without HWR it won't be a substitute for the Newton. And, it won't be. But, as I've said before...it will AUGMENT, it will SUPPLEMENT it. Yes, it would be great to have one device that combined, say, a Mac and the Newton. Well, we don't..at least, yet. I'll carry my Newton with me...and, depending on the circumstances, I'll also bring the iPad (and those circumstances are governed more by what's around me than its potential usage...a least for a while it's going to stand out quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure all the attention it will receive would not be a good idea in some environments).

That seems--at least for me--to be the way to go.